Do you want to execute your projects better? Are you looking for results your existing approaches just don’t seem to support?
Why This Workshop
Who Should Attend
If you’re pursuing the PMI-ACP certification, you should take this class. But as a comprehensive introduction to the collection of agile practices will benefit a diverse audience: it doesn’t matter if you’re an executive, traditional project manager, or a member of a team – this class will give you a lot of value. In a typical workshop, Derek has seen anyone from a CTO to an Extreme Programmer to a Tester.
- Understand the Agile Manifesto Values and Principles
- Have an end-to-end understanding of Scrum, its key roles, artifacts, and meetings
- Understand what big visible charts and information radiators are and why we use them
- Understand Scrum from a ScrumMaster, Product Owner, and empowered Team perspectives
- Know and understand the XP (eXtreme Programming) roles and who does what
- Understand Test Driven Development. Know how it works and why it’s valuable
- Understand Continuous Integration. Know how it works and why it’s valuable
- Understand the Lean Software Development Principles
- Know what Lean Portfolio Management is and how your organization could benefit from it
- Understand what Value Stream Mapping is and how to do it
- Understand the basics of Kanban, WIP, and why it works
- Know how to write and identify good User Stories
- Know what Personas are and how to use them
- Understand what makes a Servant Leader and what they do
- Understand Velocity and its usefulness
- Know Agile Estimation techniques
- Understand how Agile deals with risks
- Understand the Definition of “Ready” and “Done”
The Instructor – Derek Huether
- 21 Contact hours (required for applying to write the PMI ACP Exam)
- If you choose to take the PMI-ACP exam, you will pass because you understand the concepts, not because you memorized questions and answers.
- When you go back to your organization, you will have the confidence of knowing that you understand the fundamentals and how to apply then.
The course is held over three (3) days; seven (7) hours per day.
September 24-26, 2012 in Waterloo Region!
Lunch & Refreshments will be provided.
Regular price registration at $1,695 per person (includes $220.35 HST)
Early bird pricing $1,395.00 per person ( includes $181.35 HST) – Valid for registrations up to 30 days prior to the start